Which is best for me: Group or Individual Insurance?
Individual Coverage in the state of Colorado may be more affordable
than Group Coverage depending on your personal situation.
We would be happy to offer a one-on-one consultation
to assist you in determining which will best fit your needs. CALL 303.667.7123
Short Term Insurance versus Permanent Insurance?»
Who Is Individual Insurance for?
*Workers whose employers do not provide health benefits
*Individuals who waive group coverage through their employer
*Dependents of those on group plans
Child-only coverage (Updated 5/2011)- On April 29, 2011, a new bill was signed into law in Colorado that affects existing child-only policies. The Governor’s signing of SB11-128 supersedes the DOI emergency regulation that had established the previous child-only open enrollment periods. Please disregard any information provided by this agency sent prior to this notice regarding the July 2011 open enrollment as it is no longer valid.
For more details click here.
Accident Insurance- An affordable way to complete your health insurance program. Accident insurance provides lump-sum and daily benefits for covered accidents that can help pay nonmedical expenses and medical costs not covered by major medical insurance. Accidents plan typically cover doctor’s office visits; hospital admissions, emergency treatment, fractures, dislocations, surgery, etc.
Here are some features and benefits:
Wide range of coverage
Flexible policy options
Pays medical benefits regardless of other coverage
Accident Insurance is an excellent way to protect yourself and your family. To learn more about accident insurance and how it can help you, give us a call.
- The “insurance” company or agent boasts low rates, or offers minimal or no underwriting
- The health plan claims to accept anyone, regardless of health history
- The plan is not a state-regulated plan. (To find out if a plan is regulated by State of Colorado, please visit Colorado Division of Insurance
- The premiums seem low compared with other health insurance plans
- The word “insurance” is not in the information provided but the company claims to offer assistance in paying medical expense
Short term insurance is a viable option for individuals who are in between permanent coverage. In Colorado it is recognized as a creditable insurance. Policy duration cannot exceed six months and can only be held for 1 year consecutively. Some cases where Short Term Insurance is a great option are listed below:
- In between jobs
- Moving from one area to another
- Students in-between semesters or school and employment
- Starting an individual permanent application but need coverage until coverage is secure
Dental Insurance is quite different in the individual market and the group market. There are some carriers that are now offering an insurance that will assist with individual coverage and offer more protection than the discount plans. We have the ability to quote good coverage for individuals. Some features are listed below:
- Network or No network available
- 100% coverage of preventative care immediately offered
- Basic and Major services are covered either after a wait period or on an pro-rated amount
Travel insurance can provide coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation/interruption, baggage damage, and much more. With travel insurance you will have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. Learn more about the products we provide: Travel Insurance Products.Powered by Hackadelic Sliding Notes 1.6.5