Mary founded MLJ Financial Services in 2003. She is an innovative, self-sufficient insurance broker and has built MLJ Financial Services on the cornerstones of education and knowledge. Mary has been a member of the National Association of Insurance Underwriters (NAHU) since the beginning of her career as a broker, and is known for her up-to-date knowledge about the health insurance industry and the ever-changing legislature affecting health insurance. This knowledge has assisted MLJ in providing excellent ongoing counsel and advice to clients in an ever-changing environment.
Mary has taken many additional courses in her desire to be knowledgeable in the insurance world. Below are a few of those certificates:
- LIMRA Certification
- Employee Benefits Institute of America Seminar 2006
- NAHU Consumer Directed Health Care Certification 2007
- Broker Business Development Program 2008 (sponsored by Warner Pacific & Kaiser Permanente)
- NAHU Wellness Certification 2009
- HealthCare Advisor Program 2013
- LPRT Member since 2015
Mary’s great-grandfather settled in Southern Colorado in the 1800s. She feels blessed to be a native of Colorado, especially for the beautiful scenery and outdoor activities. She loves to travel and experience different parts of the world but is always ready to come home to her colorful State.