Life Changes; What Changes Trigger a Special Enrollment Period – Medicare
Medicare also offers opportunities for you to take advantage of life changes during what are called Special Enrollment Periods (SEPs).
Following is a list of changes:
1. You change where you live.
2. You lose your current coverage.
3. You have a chance to get other coverage.
4. Your plan changes it contract with Medicare.
5. You become eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid.
6. You qualify for Extra Help through a Medicare Drug Prescription Program.
7. You enroll in Colorado’s State Drug Assistance Program (SDAP) or lose SDAP coverage. https://cdphe.colorado.gov/state-drug-assistance-program
8. You dropped a Medigap policy (an insurance policy that helps supplement Original Medicare and is sold by private companies) the first time you joined a Medicare Advantage Plan.
9. You acquire a severe or disabling condition, and there is a Medicare Chronic Care Special Needs Plan (SNP) available.
10. You were misinformed when you acquired your current plan.
Rules about when you can make changes and the type of changes you can make are different for each SEP. You can read about the rules governing each of these changes here: http://Special circumstances (Special Enrollment Periods) | Medicare
Please know that this is not a complete list. If you suspect that your event qualifies you can call us at 303-667-7123. We can help you throughout the year with options for making changes.
“Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli
The post Life Changes; What Changes Trigger a Special Enrollment Period – Medicare appeared first on MLJ Insurance.